second gen dash interchange camaro to firebird

High Performance Pontiac
Item Posts    Sort Order

second gen dash interchange camaro to firebird

spooge031 spooge031
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 02/22/09
09:39 AM

hi does anybody know if a second gen camaro dash will interchange with a second gen firebird?if so how much modification is needed.
yes i know they look completly different BUT that is what i am looking for,there is nothing special about my second gen bird and the dash pad is trashed it was a former "race car" and everything original is long gone BUT it is a complete driver and rust free (as free as a northeastern car can be) i want to mak it mine and a "1 of 1" car using mostly second gen parts not necessarly firebird ones though,I did have it running on a dodge(yes dodge Shocked )360 tbi for a while but had issues with the distributor i saved it and may go back to it later. any help would be appreaceated.  

barneyformula barneyformula
Addict | Posts: 3298 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 02/22/09
02:43 PM

Having owned both models, I would say that it will work, but you will have to swap all the heater controls etc.
Dodge EFI on a Pontiac? That's just wrong!LOL
Steve  
A little help... 'cause we don't all have to learn the hard way!

spooge031 spooge031
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 03/06/09
05:51 PM

it may seem wrong BUT since i work for dodge and as the fool who gets all the drivability issues, and it was FREE the complete system i tried it but gave up too early i may resurect it again with a msd, i like the camaro dash better but the looks of the firebird, plus i can get everything on ebay or locally. the a/c is already a vintage air unit so dash vents etc... are already "custom"  

amancasola amancasola
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 11/04/12
10:48 AM

how difficult was the install on the vintage air unit  

Formulajim Formulajim
Enthusiast | Posts: 379 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 12/02/12
10:19 PM

Cheep efi sounds neat why not if you can make it work( hot rodding) imagine that. From a car nut. Good for you have fun! You can buy new second gen dash pads now. Jim  
Drive it before your dead!