Item Posts    Sort Order
Locked Thread

What happened to Bruce Fulper?

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
Moderator | Posts: 5775 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 01/09/11
03:23 PM

Icon Quotebarneyformula:
As they say "every story has at least two sides" and obviously those who have laid down their money have every right to voice their opinions. That said, I believe there is a lot of good engineering behind Bruce's opinions and a lot of good common sense as well. Not having sent any money his way I cannot comment on his business practices. Welcome aboard 4dfbirds!
Steve

+1 barney
welcome aboard 4dfbirds.  
Engine builder,self taught auto body guy.
Horsepower sells engines and torque wins races

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
03:23 PM

Icon Quotebarneyformula:
As they say "every story has at least two sides" and obviously those who have laid down their money have every right to voice their opinions. That said, I believe there is a lot of good engineering behind Bruce's opinions and a lot of good common sense as well. Not having sent any money his way I cannot comment on his business practices. Welcome aboard 4dfbirds!
Steve

+1 barney
welcome aboard 4dfbirds.  

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 2567 | Joined: 12/09
03:30 PM

I agree,,,
peace

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
04:57 PM

yep.  

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

Brazil Brazil
Addict | Posts: 3945 | Joined: 06/09
05:22 PM

Just sending out BEST WISHES to everyone for the week and the new year again, I'm finally starting to write 2011 on checks. What happened to 1974? It was here a minute ago.

Hey P-man, does Torque really win all the races? I thought it would have been a tie!  Grin  

Opontee Opontee
Guru | Posts: 1422 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 01/10/11
11:38 AM

Icon QuoteBrazil:
Just sending out BEST WISHES to everyone for the week and the new year again, I'm finally starting to write 2011 on checks. What happened to 1974? It was here a minute ago.

Hey P-man, does Torque really win all the races? I thought it would have been a tie!  Grin

You can't wear a tie and race! Smile And I win all the races............SmileSmileSmileSmile  
OponteeOpontee
Anna Mae quit. Opontee

OscarBoy OscarBoy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 01/19/11
04:05 AM

I too have been badly burned by Bruce's complete BS.
He is basically a liar. He sold me an engine with the fake dyno sheet as well, and it vibrated so bad I could not use it. Took it apart, and all the NEW parts I paid for were old and junk.
After realizing he was indeed a fraud, I gave up, threw away all the worthless junk, and had a real engine built.
There is also a website out there with a similar experience.
DO NOT USE FULPER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
He says everyone else is wrong, thinks he is smarter than the real Pontiac engineers, says the Butler guys are just 'stupid salesmen' and always has a sob story about his accident which he uses as an excuse to delay deliveries by many months.
His health is fine. The accident was 5 years+ ago. I went to his shop. I expected to see an invalid based on all the BS he had said. He is healthier than most.
I have saved many a prospective buyer from going down the same road and losing $12K+ like I did. He is nowhere near a real expert or ethical business person.  

Brazil Brazil
05:52 AM

wow,,,talk about losing credibility.  

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
06:47 AM

Ya, Brazil did you see the CC article on the engine he built a Pontiac 350?  

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

Brazil Brazil
07:09 AM

Honestly Pontiacman, I'm not sure what to think. I'm going poof on this subject.

(note to self,,,don't butt in on soap operas).  

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
07:59 AM

Yep. Grin  

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

barneyformula barneyformula
Addict | Posts: 3306 | Joined: 01/07
09:35 AM

That Car Craft article was all right, but it seemed like there should have been a part two detailing the top end and cam combo. I tried but couldn't find a link to it, just the bottom end details and a mention of E-heads.
Steve  
A little help... 'cause we don't all have to learn the hard way!

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
10:08 AM

Yep, never seen any others pull that kind of power out of a 350P.
But ya they could have gave more details but think they used ported eddy heads and custom grind cam.  

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

mb68bird mb68bird
Enthusiast | Posts: 468 | Joined: 06/10
07:42 PM

Fudging the dyno numbers  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 2567 | Joined: 12/09
11:08 PM

Icon QuoteOscarBoy:
I too have been badly burned by Bruce's complete BS.
He is basically a liar. He sold me an engine with the fake dyno sheet as well, and it vibrated so bad I could not use it. Took it apart, and all the NEW parts I paid for were old and junk.
After realizing he was indeed a fraud, I gave up, threw away all the worthless junk, and had a real engine built.
There is also a website out there with a similar experience.
DO NOT USE FULPER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
He says everyone else is wrong, thinks he is smarter than the real Pontiac engineers, says the Butler guys are just 'stupid salesmen' and always has a sob story about his accident which he uses as an excuse to delay deliveries by many months.
His health is fine. The accident was 5 years+ ago. I went to his shop. I expected to see an invalid based on all the BS he had said. He is healthier than most.
I have saved many a prospective buyer from going down the same road and losing $12K+ like I did. He is nowhere near a real expert or ethical business person.

I reseached Fulper for hours and read many posts and articles of endless complaints.
I went to his site and saw for myself what I thought, might constitute a pro engine building shop,,, I simply shook my head, from what I saw on Utube.
I posted my thoughts on this forum and agreed with our Administrator,,, Bruce is Bruce, in plain English.
Write off your loss as a lesson learned,,, and welcome to the forum "O"

Grin  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

First |  Prev |  3 |  4 |  Next   | Last