Item Posts    Sort Order
Sticky Thread

Gather Ye Knights at the Round Table

barneyformula barneyformula
Addict | Posts: 3306 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 09/16/10
06:18 AM

Hey Guys,
Not sure who it was that mentioned a few weeks past that we needed an off-topic spot for the usual "where ya been?" or "glad to see you back" or "don't worry gang, I'll be away for vacation for a few days" topics. Since there isn't an off-topic tab in the forum, I thought I'd start this post and anyone with something to say can just hijack the post and add on to it. New to the forum? Good post to introduce yourself! Want to welcome someone? Do it here. Hopefully this will help newcomers get to know all of the regulars and see how we interact and get used to our quirky Confused  nuances. I hope the admin guys don't mind!
I believe it was our longtime contributor, Brazil who coined the term "Round Table" to describe the camaraderie of our group, so the title of the post is a nod to him. Wink  Enjoy!
Steve, aka barneyformula  
A little help... 'cause we don't all have to learn the hard way!

06:22 AM

Now I'm going to be the first to post here with a "Welcome Back" to "creepyracing" who mentioned in a recent post that he was glad to see the group still going strong in his absence. Good to have you back!
Steve  

Brazil Brazil
Addict | Posts: 3949 | Joined: 06/09
07:24 AM

WAIT! I have to go to the bathroom!

Frankensteinonstairs 1  

rayking400 rayking400
New User | Posts: 38 | Joined: 04/10
12:16 PM

hi everyone,  Ray here .I live in new zealand. have had a couple of posts here and you have been very helpfull. I have a 1964 grand prix . just put chassis back under the body.new everything on chassis.got motor in and have run in cam. motor sounds great.had it built in texas and sent out to me .worked out quite a bit cheaper to do that than get my tired old 69 400 done up here .strange hey.will keep my old motor for a rat rod project I have in mind. my new motor is a 400 30 over.supposed to be approx 420 hp .will see what it is like when its going. It sounds great idling and even better when you give it a rev. this is a great forum and has been very helpful.
 there is a big following of american cars over here with quite a few pontiacs . cheers Ray Smile  

Mr.Milt Mr.Milt
Guru | Posts: 1135 | Joined: 08/08
01:50 PM

Joe did you get a hair cut?

Nothing like American Mussel no matter where your from - Welcome rayking400!  

stillwell stillwell
Guru | Posts: 1335 | Joined: 01/09
03:47 PM

that would be me barn!just a place to billshit!going to take ride out to blow the cobs out in a few i think it's time for some plugs also. Wink  
REAL CARS FUEL FROM THE BACK!

stillwell stillwell
05:08 PM

ok guy my exhaust is just loud!thrush tube type glasspacks what does evryone here run.thinking thrush brand turbo muffler.when i get my throttle on it's load ass sht.want to stealth around the neighbor hood Shocked  

Brazil Brazil
09:39 PM

Still, you can't stealth around the neighborhood with glasspacks, believe me - I've tried. (ok, I'm gona try this out for the first time....."LOL").

Haven't you noticed - private eyes drive Silver Mercurys, or sometimes old Mustangs?

Earlyjoey2 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNP-x94-SE&feature=fvst  

09:44 PM

Stillwell, I use NAPA universal fit 2.25" in and out stock style mufflers on the Formula and they are quiet enough to keep the fuzz off my tail and just loud enough that I can hear the rumble, and no drone!
Steve  

09:47 PM

Rayking400, welcome to the table, glad we have helped and looking forward to more of the same!  

Brazil Brazil
10:27 PM

Barney, just a final note before nap time. I hear fuzz tail can be removed with that stuff women put on their legs.  

Opontee Opontee
Guru | Posts: 1422 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 09/17/10
03:55 AM

Joe in a previous life-actually this was in 06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mV_5-bRPo&feature=related  
OponteeOpontee
Anna Mae quit. Opontee

My71 My71
Guru | Posts: 1249 | Joined: 02/10
03:57 AM

Welcome Rayking!

Exhaust.. I ordeedr the whole exhaust package when I put mine in (cheaper that way), Pypes Street-Pro system w/X pipe and 2 1/2" tubes.. Nice low rumble at idle yet quiet enough at speed to keep the local county mounties away..  
Jim,

Torqued400 Torqued400
Addict | Posts: 2479 | Joined: 10/08
05:00 AM

Op, which one was you, drums ? or lead guitar ?  
"We build Excitement"

stillwell stillwell
06:06 AM

welcome rayking to the table.ya i'll check napa see what they have i'll have some modifing done but thats nothing Grin  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last