Ad Radar
High Performance Pontiac
Click here to find out more!

Any one else have every Issue of HPP since the Thunder-Am beginning ?

High Performance Pontiac
1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Any one else have every Issue of HPP since the Thunder-Am beginning ?

y2kbruce y2kbruce
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 09/06/11
02:46 PM

I have every issue including the Thunder-Am issues. There is no date on the 1st issue but does have a 1979 copyright in the table of contents.

Used to be another guy in my town who also had a complete collection 10 years ago but I have not seen him in years so don't know if he still collects them.

Mine are in 3 ring binder books in order and the binders side by side are about 10 feet wide. Not sure how many individual issues there are. Used to be 6 per year then went to 12 per year a few years ago. 32 years or so total.

It would be nice if there was a master list by topic of all issues contents for easy reference.

I was just wondering if I am the only crazy guy who has kept them all, all these years.  

Brazil Brazil
Addict | Posts: 3956 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 09/06/11
04:45 PM

If you are crazy well join the club.

Yes, I do too. Unfortuantly I didn't have the forthought in 1979 to get the binder that was offered, and package them in plastic, resulting in years of Thunder-Am mags covered in everything that comes out of a Pontiac, notes all over every page, and silverfish bitten edges.

I'm glad you brought it up, I've also searched issue by issue for old articles.

braz  

RumRunner1 RumRunner1
Enthusiast | Posts: 580 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 09/07/11
08:53 AM

y2k bruce! Im not worthy, im not worthy, lol. I am so pissed off that I got rid of them.. (they were so dog eared and greasy from use, and dreaming as a young gun) I have come across them from time to time at local swap meets, might just start the collection up, good job buddy, by the way, if you frequently scan the old stuff look for Herb adams in a 70-73 fire-am with a broken axle after a thrashing it, I cant remember if it was T/A mag, or another pub. Thanks!!! you aint crazy brother, you just wandered into the sanatarium!! welcome home!  
Widetrack,Superduty,Ram-Air.The chief will never die!

Brazil Brazil
10:28 AM

Pretty sure it was T/A mag Rum, I soaked up everything Adams ever wrote about.

Tell Geronamo hello, they just brought him in and he's down the hall in the room next to Nicolson.  

Darkitec Darkitec
User | Posts: 130 | Joined: 03/10
10:49 AM

I remember that article.   I started buying anything Pontiac related shortly after buying my first Firebird.   A 1970 with the Chevy 6, Dad didn't think a young kid should have the 72 455 I had first wanted.   As badly as I beat up as that 1970 inline 6, (There wasn't a single piece of sheet metal that wasn't full of bondo)  It's probably a good thing I didn't get the 72.  

RumRunner1 RumRunner1
03:14 PM

Thanks fellas. Good to know I wasn't havin a flashback of somesort!!!(see I wans't cookoo!!) I appreciate the response I'll keep checkin on that one..  

Brazil Brazil
Posted: 09/13/11
01:22 AM

Rum, I had a bad dream this morning and couldn't sleep, so I pulled up everything I could find on Herb Adams on the net. There's pages upon pages of articles on him and the Fire-ams, Cafe Racers, etc. I found photocopies of a lot of old articles from HPP and Thunder Am but only saw a few vague references to the one were looking for....but now I'm on a mission. I guess I'll take a stack at a time to the bathroom where I do most of my reading.     Yawwwwnnnn, well gona try sleep again.  

RumRunner1 RumRunner1
08:22 AM

Brazi"Brazi"brazi" you never cease to amaze me! Thanks part'ner" that's very Knightly" of you to offer help in the quest, especially on the throne!! like I said, WE GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY here at the H.P.P forum!!  

y2kbruce y2kbruce
09:06 AM

I just looked and it seems the Thunder-Am magazinzes started about Dec 1979 and lasted for 2 years and 3 issues so a total of 15 editions, as TA was printed every 2 months back then. I did not see the mentioned Herb Adams story in those 15 issues so it must be in a later HPP issue.  

y2kbruce y2kbruce
09:06 AM

I just looked and it seems the Thunder-Am magazines started about Dec 1979 and lasted for 2 years and 3 issues so a total of 15 editions, as TA was printed every 2 months back then. I did not see the mentioned Herb Adams story in those 15 issues so it must be in a later HPP issue.  

RumRunner1 RumRunner1
09:16 AM

Thanks y2k! appreciate the research! good trivia on the T/A mag start date. I was browsing the Trans-Am only forums and there was on on the editor of the mag. cant't remember his name.. wonder if he's still sporting a Pontiac badge? I remember those days and yes they were sold bi-monthly.. still, a great piece of publishing history for our beloved Brand!!!!  

67ss427z24 67ss427z24
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/21/13
11:39 AM

I have 1 FULL set from 1st Issue to Current,as well as 2 nearly 90% sets! Special Editions,etc.Hundreds of Duplicate Issues were acquired while trying to build a perfect set! Pontiac cars are now gone,and,I'm possibly thinking to selling my collections,and extra issues! Anthony,(201)456-3626,cell.Thanks.  

Chris Phillip Chris Phillip
Administrator | Posts: 14 | Joined: 08/07
01:03 PM

Bruce,

Please PM me.

It's a project I've thought about.

Thank you.

Chris
HPP  

Chris Phillip Chris Phillip
Administrator | Posts: 14 | Joined: 08/07
01:04 PM

Bruce,

Please PM me.

It's a project I've thought about.

Thank you.

Chris
HPP  

jk860 jk860
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/16/14
12:16 PM

I have them all too, but don't have the binders. Recently wrote letter to HPP to see if they have any contacts.  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last