shyrgfuh3 shyrgfuh3
Enthusiast | Posts: 466 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 12/03/13
07:35 AM

Hello,

can someone please tell the moron , ie. me, me the following:

exactly what a sticky is?

exactly how they work?

exactly how to access them all at once as a group through the search engine or other means?

exactly how to access just 1 sticky at a time, like if i wanted to read the jim hand cam sticky?

how to suggest a thread become a sticky like the one 4zpeed just posted with the engine casting numbers.

is it possible to group them all together in one group and/or one place?

the way it looks to me now is that they are nothing more than a regular thread and unless someone posts a comment they get farther and farther back on the pages eventually being difficult to find possibly even with the search feature.

thanks.

m and exactlyn how the  

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
Moderator | Posts: 5777 | Joined: 02/08
08:20 AM

A sticky is a thread that is post and has a tack next to it so it stays front and center in the category it is posted in.

you can't access all at once as some are in different sections.

you need to click on the section those stickys are in there are some in the general,drivetrain upgrade and drivetrain restoration sections.

You can pm me or tuff and suggest that a certain post be sticky.

we post them in the best suited place for that particular post and for what the post is covering.  
Engine builder,self taught auto body guy.
Horsepower sells engines and torque wins races

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

shyrgfuh3 shyrgfuh3
Enthusiast | Posts: 466 | Joined: 11/13
08:36 AM

hello pontiacman8

thanks for the info however i am still a bit confused by the following:

"A sticky is a thread that is post and has a tack next to it so it stays front and center in the category it is posted in."

there are stickys on page 2 and 3 with several regular posts in between so as i mentioned, unless someone replies to a sticky it does not stay front and center according to my understanding of the term but instead simply drifts farther and farther back into never land with each new thread or reply to an existing thread.

can the geeks generate a separate page titled something like tech info or tech stickys and another titled general stickys or simply make them stay on the first page of the section they are posted in etc. so all the sticky tech info can easily be found by non geek types that have no idea how to use a computer other than to look up their email or dirty photos?  

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
Moderator | Posts: 5777 | Joined: 02/08
08:39 AM

Yes it does but you have to click on the section that sticky is in not active post.

so if you click on the general section you will be able to see the stickys in that section.  
Engine builder,self taught auto body guy.
Horsepower sells engines and torque wins races

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8