Radiators?

High Performance Pontiac
Item Posts    Sort Order

Radiators?

'52 Delivery '52 Delivery
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/15/14
08:52 AM

The Griffin Radiator on my '52 Sedan Delivery with '68 400 has developed a leak  Frown . I have been looking around and there seems to be a common thread with new radiators, Aluminum with 1 1/4" Tubes. Disappointed to find that the Griffin is made with Epoxy! so looking for a "reasonable" replacement.
Experience and Advice would be appreciated!
thanks in advance  

76Tranz 76Tranz
User | Posts: 170 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 03/15/14
05:43 PM

Look up Rodney Red Radiators on the web, he made a radiator for my '76 Trans Am, all aluminum and fully welded, and have had no problems with it. He can make a replacement radiator if you send him your old one for a template and send it back to you when he's finished. Look him up and give him a call and see what he says.  

'52 Indian Delivery '52 Indian Delivery
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/16/14
08:08 AM

After I posted this question I have learned much more about radiators. Not really sure that I want another aluminum radiator after reading about the repairability.
From what I have been able to read Griffin claims to weld the core and then add epoxy to reinforce that area making repairs nearly impossible.
I found that at least Walker Radiator and US Radiator are building Brass Radiators that they claim will cool even better than an Aluminum version. Anyone have any experience with these guys?  

shyrgfuh3 shyrgfuh3
Enthusiast | Posts: 483 | Joined: 11/13
03:10 PM

yes buy the us radiators from cool craft.

http://coolcraft.com/  

03:57 PM

Thanks! US Radiators is only a couple of hours away and I will be nearby this week. They look to make a good product so hopefully this is a good lead! I just measured my Griffin today and I have to say that I really am not impressed with their quality.  

04:03 PM

Thanks! US Radiators is only a couple of hours away and I will be nearby this week. They look to make a good product so hopefully this is a good lead! I just measured my Griffin today and I have to say that I really am not impressed with their quality.  

shyrgfuh3 shyrgfuh3
Enthusiast | Posts: 483 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 03/17/14
08:36 PM

us radiators does NOT sell to the public. you must have a radiator shop order it. they also do not have some of the same radiators that cool craft has.

cool craft is owned by us radiator. its very bizarre. if you are in calif, call us rad and ask for the sales mgr and see if he will sell you one. they used to be very nice people but its harder for the, to do these kinda of "neighbor hood" deals any more.  

Posted: 03/18/14
05:24 AM

Thanks for the advice.