Advice

High Performance Pontiac
Item Posts    Sort Order

Advice

'52 Indian Delivery '52 Indian Delivery
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/25/14
09:46 AM

I found Rock & Roll Engineering and Bruce Fulper. He appears to be very knowledgeable about Pontiac Engines and has a decent looking shop. His prices do not look out of line but would like to know more about his work.
thanks in advance!  

tempest1964 tempest1964
User | Posts: 66 | Joined: 11/11
04:19 PM

I have looked at his web site and his tech information seems to be good. I have talked to him on the phone and he seemed helpful and friendly. I have read about him on this site and he seems to be a polarizing character. Some people speak highly of him and some do not have a very good opinion of him. Try to find some references from former customers would be my advice. Then, go from there. Any former customers out there?
Good Luck,
Tony  

04:55 PM

wow, good advice would be very helpful!  

shyrgfuh3 shyrgfuh3
Enthusiast | Posts: 496 | Joined: 11/13
05:27 PM

"wow, good advice would be very helpful!"

Just curious, does this mean that you did not think tempest1964's advice was good or very helpful?

"...would like to know more about his work."

I have heard the quality of his work is good but have never had anything done by him.  

06:05 PM

"wow, good advice would be very helpful!"

Just curious, does this mean that you did not think tempest1964's advice was good or very helpful?

Read more:
http://forums.highperformancepontiac.com/70/9558197/the-general-discussion/advice/#ixzz2x1g3gJE2

how about both? PS shyrgfuh3 do you have a car and if so what is it. not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand your statements and possibly arguments.
Me 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery with '68 Pontiac 400 and TH400 (still wanting to learn about Pontiacs!), 1955 Ford Thunderbird 292 Y-Block with many mods, 1958 Airstream 18' Traveler, 1981 AMC CJ7, 1972 El Camino with 350 Vortec and 700R4, 1952 Ford 8N Tractor plus the newer daily drivers that are mundane  

shyrgfuh3 shyrgfuh3
Enthusiast | Posts: 496 | Joined: 11/13
06:42 PM

Well, I do not understand your answer to my very simple straight forward question, perhaps you could clarify it.

As far as whether I own a car or not is totally irrelevant to your question. Why do you think it is relevant and how will this info help you to make your Firebird  sound louder or determine the quality level of Bruce Fulpers work?

I may have no cars or or I may have 30. If I had 30, I would feel a bit uncomfortable mentioning that on a public forum. I would also feel a bit pompous, arrogant and boastful if I did so, especially when some people here might only have one. I am happy for you that you have more than one.

I have previously mentioned two of the cars that I have on the site so I will tell you what those are. One is a 66 GTO and the other is a fully loaded 1 of 1 1968 Firebird 400 convertible, factory pink paint color with white interior that was purchased internally by GM and used for promotional ads.

There is also rumors/suspicion that I might own a Mustang or two.

It's also known by several here that I do Concours quality restorations and mild performance engine building. I am also not the only one here that does these things nor am I suggesting that I am the best at doing these things, it's simply some of the things that I do. I have also learned things from others here.  

I have also found that everyone here is happy to help others in any way they think they can and that they are the happiest and most helpful when their "input" is appreciated irregardless of the level of benefit the op might consider that "input" to be.

You see, it's really a whole lot easier for one to simply go to the fridge, grab a beverage and just watch reruns of Southpark than it is to take time out from ones day to help someone they don't even know.  

08:39 PM

thanks for your input.  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 2567 | Joined: 12/09
09:08 PM

Google "Bruce Fulper Complaints" and draw your own conclusions before spending any hard earned cash.,. check this out, it's only one site of many more.,. click on link

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463905

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
Moderator | Posts: 5779 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 03/26/14
06:27 AM

There is good and bad about RRE so do your research and go from there.

There was a Guy on here a while back that had a 455 built by Bruce for a gto and he said he was very happy with the engine.

I can't say one way or the other as I have not had any dealings with him myself.  
Engine builder,self taught auto body guy.
Horsepower sells engines and torque wins races

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

07:05 AM

Thanks, The more that I read the more confused that I get, some really like the work while there appears to be a few that really do not AND there appears to be a personality conflict with others. I am not planning on a complete rebuild anyway, if so I would most likely do the assembly work. Even if I were to do a complete engine I wouldn't be looking for an all out race engine anyway, I am simply wanting to get some more performance out of mine and make sure that it stays together.

I stopped by his shop and talked with him before I posted this question. He does appear to be very knowledgeable about our engines and does have allot of original parts that he can rebuild. The Cylinder Heads and Block that he was working on did "look" like he was doing a good job on them. His shop looked like a good shop with the machines needed to do the work in house.
I was just looking for some first hand advice on his work but so far there is more about his personality.

Anyway thanks.  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 2567 | Joined: 12/09
08:52 AM

+1 Pman
I have read good and bad about Bruce, but have not had any personal dealings with the man or Rock And Roll Engineering.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder