High Performance Pontiac
1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

How To Post Links So They Will Work ?

bigD bigD
User | Posts: 155 | Joined: 05/14
Posted: 05/07/14
01:32 AM

On most sites, when you post a link, anyone can click on it and go to that site. But I notice that when I post a link here, it is not active. So is there some special procedure on this site for posting links so they'll work ?   Confused  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
Addict | Posts: 5163 | Joined: 12/09
04:54 AM

Nope. To make an active link, click the little blue globe icon just above the typing field. Its to the right of the B I U and to the left of the postcard icon for posting pics from a url. If your security settings are amped up , your device may not show the "script window" that pops up on the screen when you click the globe.  
idrivejunk

wayne712222 wayne712222
Moderator | Posts: 235 | Joined: 10/13
05:52 AM

hmm...

http://forums.highperformancepontiac.com/70/9567248/the-general-discussion/how-to-post-links-so-they-will-work/

yup it works..  

Brazil Brazil
Addict | Posts: 3963 | Joined: 06/09
06:15 AM

Hey, sure does - never knew that!

http://www.joedangerrecords.com  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 2567 | Joined: 12/09
08:00 AM

It will not work in the "Quick Post Reply".,. but will in "Reply To Thread" and also in "Post Reply"

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

bigD bigD
01:25 PM

Icon Quoteidrivejunk:
Nope. To make an active link, click the little blue globe icon just above the typing field. Its to the right of the B I U and to the left of the postcard icon for posting pics from a url. If your security settings are amped up , your device may not show the "script window" that pops up on the screen when you click the globe.

But this is not a special procedure, huh ? LOL

So, do I click the blue globe before I post the link or after.

Also, can I go back and activate the links I've already posted some way. Or do I have to erase the link with the backspace bar, then click the blue globe, then post the link again ?

I've heard the saying "It's easy, once you know how." Does that apply here ?   Laugh  

bigD bigD
03:14 PM

OK, got it ! You have to post your link in the long white, one line box, that is inside the larger box that drops down when you click on the blue globe. Then, after you click OK in that box and the next box that pops up, the link will be posted for you at the last place you were, in the text box.

Ain't nut'n to it, if ya know how to do it !   Laugh

Thanks ya'll !!!   Smile  

Brazil Brazil
04:10 PM

You Got's it D!  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
09:05 PM

A little guidance sprinkled on some "want-to" can work wonders. Glad you're getting the hang!  
idrivejunk

bigD bigD
Posted: 05/09/14
04:30 PM

OK, now I need help with posting pics. I transferred my full url of the pic I wanted from Flickr to the box, but all that showed up on the post was a very small blue thing in the lower left corner.  Frown

So, please have patience with the old man and HELP !!!    Laugh  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
Posted: 05/09/14
10:37 PM

Icon QuotebigD:
OK, now I need help with posting pics. I transferred my full url of the pic I wanted from Flickr to the box, but all that showed up on the post was a very small blue thing in the lower left corner.  Frown

So, please have patience with the old man and HELP !!!    Laugh

Possibly ... that little blue thing was a "placeholder". That means "a picture goes here" but if the pic is so large that it takes awhile to load, you might only see a placeholder before becoming frustrated. I am unfamiliar with Flickr and use photobucket. The image width for the forum is 640. Anything wider than that gets a scroll bar at the bottom of the post, where you can move the pic over to see the rest of it.

I avoid using the little postcard icon to insert pics. PB spits out an "img code" for me and I cut n paste it. Works great. All an img code is, is the url flanked by [IMG] at both ends. Flickr probably also has that feature but it will be some sort of "sharing option" on a confusing menu designed to shanghai you over to Facebook. No not really but be careful what you click.  
idrivejunk

Brazil Brazil
Posted: 05/10/14
05:34 AM

Matt, I've gone back to Photobucket. The things I didn't like about it at first have been resolved in the latest version, and it works great. "Image Shack" became tedious and started taking away sizing / editing options unless you upgrade to a paid version.

bigD, I'm not familiar with Flickr either, check your private messages.  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
05:43 AM

+1

I like Photobucket and it works great for me as well.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

bigD bigD
12:44 PM

This is a test for transferring a pic from Photobucket.
Rm 1 Zpsbee51977[/img]

OK, that didn't work. Let's try this.
Rm 1 Zpsbee51977

Well, all right ! OK now lets try one the same way from Flickr. It's probably too big.
Mq38k3
Nope.
Mq38k3
Nope.
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/118702965@N06/13670742044/in/photostream/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
Not even close. Let's try a biggy from PB.

OK, I reckin that settles it. The homeade pics are just too big on PB and Flickr to post on this site. So I'll just have to reduce the ones I want to share, Then load them to PB or Flickr.   100 1867 Zps81856533
Whoa ! Thar she blows ! Yep, it's a bit too large. So, I'll just have to make little'uns outa big'uns ! This test is over.  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
01:20 PM

640 by 480 is about max that you can upload, so keep at it till you get it bud.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last