High Performance Pontiac
Item Posts    Sort Order

gm j tools, Where do I find specifications or who is still selling

Darkitec Darkitec
User | Posts: 124 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 07/03/14
05:01 PM

Not sure where to put this question.

Ok the automatic a/c heater core is back together, now I want to adjust the doors, but I need to know where I can find tool j 22667 Diverter Door Adjusting Gauge or does anyone know where I can find dimensions so that I can turn my own copy of it?  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
Addict | Posts: 5139 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 07/03/14
05:27 PM

toolsource.com looks to have a lot of listings but that booger is probably long since discontinued. I didn't have any luck. Tried to find the manual page that mentions it so maybe I could suggest something but I didn't find that either.

Do you think maybe its a bent wire to set position? Or is it more like a fish scale to set tension?  
idrivejunk

wayne712222 wayne712222
Moderator | Posts: 235 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 07/04/14
06:11 AM

what year.. is it a cable operated or a servo operated..  

Darkitec Darkitec
Posted: 07/06/14
04:21 PM

Automatic Temp. Control, there's a control box bolted to the top of the unit that controls the opening and closing of various vacuum and lever operated doors.

I found information in the repair manual to fix this problem but now I need to find access to the auto temp control tester.   J 22684  There are various voltage changes that I need to input to verify that the vacuum valve is operating correctly.  

wayne712222 wayne712222
Posted: 07/06/14
10:59 PM

tell you what.. that sounds a LOT like the device i have...

why not just assemble it.. stick a thermometer into the dash air vents. and set the temp to 70F.. see what the vents are actually putting out.. you can adjust it then..  sorry..

you still did not mention the year..  i have had to adjust the programmer levers on a lot of caddys.. usually the early 90s versions after a heater core replacement or a BCM replacement..  that's how i do it.

Image 13453

Image 16923

i that device is in a closet someplace.. i will look around for it tomorrow or tuesday.. see if i can spot it..  the storage room is stacked to the ceiling.. and there are NO instructions with it..  

Darkitec Darkitec
Posted: 07/07/14
08:14 AM

Tester is on Page 21

http://thefirstgensite.com/library/67service/PO67S1C.pdf  

wayne712222 wayne712222
09:28 AM

i think mine is the next model newer..  i have yet to find it.. that room is stacked to the ceiling with gorilla racks and the isles are filled also..

revert to thermometer settings..  the digital thermometer is only like 7 bucks at HF..  

Darkitec Darkitec
09:35 PM

This is a $20 a week rebuild, I'm hoping to verify that all the automatic controller functions are working correctly, letting the blend doors open and close correctly, that the thermistors are reading accurately, that the fan motor (currently not working when plugged in to the harness, but works fine when wired directly to 12 volt power)is getting power to the resistors, that the vacuum valve is operating correctly and not leaking.   I haven't yet replaced the a/c compressor so the temp gauge isn't really going to do me much good until I get the money for that part of the process.  I'm working on the mechanics first.  

Darkitec Darkitec
09:36 PM

This is a $20 a week rebuild, This parts car has been sitting in humid Georgia for the last 10 years of so, I'm hoping to verify that all the automatic controller functions are working correctly, letting the blend doors open and close correctly, that the thermistors are reading accurately, that the fan motor (currently not working when plugged in to the harness, but works fine when wired directly to 12 volt power)is getting power to the resistors, that the vacuum valve is operating correctly and not leaking.   I haven't yet replaced the a/c compressor so the temp gauge isn't really going to do me much good until I get the money for that part of the process.  I'm working on the mechanics first.  

wayne712222 wayne712222
Posted: 07/08/14
01:01 AM

i think i can see it on the top of the pile to the right of the red box.. its in a case..  but can i get at it.. not yet...

CAM00766 Zpso0m01atl  

Darkitec Darkitec
Posted: 07/08/14
11:41 AM

LOL  Looks a lot like my parents garage and my own personal storage space.  The joys of a bad economy and the loss of one's home.